Saturday, July 03, 2010

Back to Work

Did the month of June go by without a post from me? Yikes! I have truly been busy with school and taking in the ocean. Every opportunity that I've had, I have gone directly to the ocean or hiking in the mountains. Friends on facebook have seen some of the shots I've taken with my camera. All the freetime is coming to an end. I'm headed back to the rat race. Work begins on Tuesday. I haven't had a "real" job since last September. It's been a great extended vacation but it's time to get back to work.

My only regret has been that I haven't lived in the moment throughout the last year. I was always looking behind me at what was left behind... job, family, paradise, etc. I didn't concentrate on the single moments that were passing me by. The road trips back and forth across the United States were interesting and probably went by too quickly that I didn't really take it all in. If I could do it all again, I'd surely have lived in the moment. If I knew the end result was going to be that husband and I would be returning back to Hawai'i, I probably would have truly enjoyed the experience more. Something inside me always knew that I'd return, I just didn't think it would be this soon.

I'm excited to get back to work. I've worked for this particular employer before. When I met my husband I was working for this international organization. My husband says that my job title and the "dough" I was making when we met attracted him to me. Gold Digger!!!! lol... (We celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary in November.) No doubt, the money is better than what I was making when I left Hawai'i. The raises are also handed out based on the sales volume of the company and with the amount of development that is happening in Waikiki, the money will only get better. Even in this economy, this organization is still hiring. Love it! When I worked for this employer before, my office overlooked a beautiful lagoon that was adjacent to Waikiki Beach. Now, the offices have moved to the 33rd floor of a building overlooking Honolulu Harbor and Waikiki Beach. How lucky am I? I'm excited.

The past year has been spent moving around. No matter where we were, nothing felt right. Jobs weren't biting like my husband had expected. The environment had much to be desired. We just didn't fit in any of the places we visited. As soon as we get back to Hawai'i, everything starts opening up. Husband gets a gig with the Feds with great medical and dental and all that good stuff. I get my old gig back. Even us deciding to move back to Hawai'i was pretty intense. The minute we decide to get back on the island we sell all our possession AGAIN, get on the road, and within a week of deciding to leave Utah we're back in Hawai'i. Life is really good.

Life is really really good.

I'm grateful.

2 comments:

The Brown Blogger said...

Yes it is.

The Songer said...

Glad to hear that you're back, with all your fb post i was wondering if you were on a extended vacay here or if you moved back!

Congrats with the jobs!